"Our 2019 Business Plan reaffirms our strategic direction. Our goal is to deliver mid- to high single digit annual average profit growth in the mid-to long-term. To achieve this, we will deliver sustainable earnings growth in the total tobacco business, by offering a wide portfolio of conventional products and RRPs to meet diverse consumer needs."
Masamichi Terabatake, JT Group CEO
Results and reports
Investor presentations, annual reports, and reports by business segment
Annual general meeting, dividends, principle shareholders, and share offerings
Stock and bond information
Stock price, bonds and ratings, and analyst coverage
This website contains forward-looking statements. These statements appear in a number of places in this website and include statements regarding the intent, belief, or current and future expectations of our management with respect to our business, financial condition and results of operations. In some cases, you can identify forward-looking statements by terms such as “may”, “will”, “should”, “would”, “expect”, “intend”, “project”, “plan”, “aim”, “seek”, “target”, “anticipate”, “believe”, “estimate”, “predict”, “potential” or the negative of these terms or other similar terminology. These statements are not guarantees of future performance and are subject to various risks and uncertainties. Actual results, performance or achievements, or those of the industries in which we operate, may differ materially from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements. In addition, these forward-looking statements are necessarily dependent upon assumptions, estimates and data that may be incorrect or imprecise and involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties. Forward-looking statements regarding operating results are particularly subject to a variety of assumptions, some or all of which may not be realized.
Risks, uncertainties or other factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed in any forward-looking statement include, without limitation:
- increase in awareness of health concerns related to smoking;
- regulatory developments; including, without limitation, tax increases and restrictions on sales, marketing, packaging, labeling and use of tobacco products, privately imposed restrictions and governmental investigations;
- litigation around the world alleging adverse health and financial effects resulting from, or relating to, tobacco products;
- our ability to further diversify our business beyond the traditional tobacco industry;
- our ability to successfully expand internationally and make investments outside Japan;
- competition and changing consumer preferences;
- our ability to manage impacts derived from business diversification or business expansion;
- economic, regulatory and political changes, such as nationalization, terrorism, wars and civil unrest, in countries in which we operate;
- fluctuations in foreign exchange rates and the costs of raw materials; and
- catastrophes, including natural disasters.
Please ensure that your computer system is properly configured to receive streaming content.