The JT Group responsible procurement policy
The mission of the JT Group is to create, develop and nurture its unique brands to win consumer trust, while understanding and respecting the environment, and the diversity of societies and individuals. To achieve the mission of the JT Group, the JT Group operates procurement in the manner as stated in the JT Group Responsible Procurement Policy.
1. Implementation of compliance
Acting in a manner to comply with the legislation and regulations relating to procurement as well as social norms.
Providing appropriate measures to protect all information provided to us by our suppliers for procurement activities.
Operating procurement activities in appropriate and sincere manner that follows the JT Group Code of Conduct.
The JT Group operates procurement in a manner to pay due consideration to the environment in accordance with the basic principle of the JT Group Environment Charter.
3. Supplier selection
Our supplier selection is based upon our review of a supplier's quality, price and service. In particular, the JT Group will consider the supplier's historical success with respect to the delivery of goods and services to be supplied to the JT Group, as well as the supplier's capability to ensure ongoing delivery of these requested goods and services. In addition to these criteria, the JT Group will consider the following:
- The supplier's compliance with relevant laws and regulations for each country and region.
- The supplier's policies that respect human rights and social norms.
- Whether the supplier has appropriate measures to pay due consideration to the environment.
- Whether the supplier has appropriate measures to protect confidential information, trade secrets and any other information provided by business partners.
- Whether the supplier has appropriate measures that ensure business continuity, free from any operational and financial instability.
We have established the "JT Group Supplier Standards," which define our expectations toward suppliers who provide us with their services or products.
The JT Group Supplier Standards
Japan Tobacco International (JTI), which is the international operation of the JT Group, has specific suppliers' selection criteria which are consistent with those of the JT Group. For more information, please refer to JTI's policy.
Responsible Procurement in JTI