Governance and compliance
All JT Group operations are required to comply with the high standards of business integrity laid down in the JT Group Code of Conduct. These include preventing bribery and corruption, avoiding discrimination, respecting human rights, environmental protection, data privacy, and fair competition.
- JT Corporate Governance report was updated and issued in April.
- Board of directors held 17 board meetings with attendance rate of 99%.
- 3 JT Group Compliance Committee were held to discuss key compliance issues.
Corporate governance evolution
- FY2000 Establishment of the Compliance Committee
- FY2001 Introduction of executive officer system
- FY2006 Establishment of the Compensation Advisory Panel
- FY2012 Outside directors elected to the board
- FY2016 Establishment of JT Corporate Governance Policy